Thursday, October 9, 2008

Arequipa, Peru and the Colca Canyon







Arequipa, which is the second largest city in Peru is another worth while place to visit in Peru. In my opinion, I think that the downtown area of Arequipa is one of the nicest places to visit in all of Peru. Here we took a city tour that not only shows you around the city, but takes you to a variety of places outside the city with things that are worth seeing! From there we hoped on a bus for a 2 day trip to see the worlds deepest canyon. I think the Colca Canyon is a sight to see, but I must say my favorite canyon still sits in my back door! (Grand Canyon) It´s funny how when your traveling on a budget that really try to cut cost and the biggest cost is usually food. Two weeks with my Mom and we ate a little nicer then I usually do and I think that I put on 3-4 lbs from her short visit!......MMM...It was sure nice to eat some really good meals!! At this point my trip with my Mom has come to an end I am so thankful that she came to visit and I got to spend some valuable time with her. She is flying back to Colorado and I have decided to head into Bolivia!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My 2 friends recently went to the Grand Canyon only they didn't see it because.... They went as far as rented a car drove from Las Vegas got there and they wanted to charge them $40 to get on a bus, $60 to cross the bridge and another $60 to set foot on the reservation to get to the Grand Canyon. Is it still worth it? In tourist magazines it is rated one of the biggest rip offs. I would rather be in Peru.

Anonymous said...

Teresa, They were in VEGAS and thought the Grand Canyon was rip off? That's funny....I've never been either.....so you can't just drive up and look at it?? That blows! ...