Thursday, October 9, 2008

Cusco, Peru ...MACHU PICHU
















Arriving in Cusco was like arriving to the tourist center of the world. The type of people traveling here was not like the type of people that I had been running into over the last 5 months. Here it was hard to find the usual long term travelers and the place was loaded with 2-3 week travelers. The city is really not that nice outside of the central square, but there are a million places to go and things to do and see. As I have been traveling with my Mom for a while, we packed in as much things as we could as fast as possible and I really have to say there are things around Cusco that make this place a very worthy place to visit. There are so many ruins to see including Machu Pichu that if you are looking for full description you better be ready to read a book! I think I will leave it as I am so glad that I got to spend some quality time with my Mom on such an exciting adventurous place to visit! The brief rundown was we took a tour of the City, went on The Sacred Valley tour, and saw some of the ruins located near Cusco too. I as most people say that Machu Pichu is one of the best things I have seen so far in South America and I am glad to have it checked off my to do list!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FINALLY AN UPDATE!!!!!! My Life has meaning again! Great pics brother...can't wait to have you back in COLORADO! SKi season just wont be the same without you!
Looks like you're doing good---2 years of marraige as of yesterday YEEEAH!!!!

Come home soon and lets buy some land in the hills!

JH

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures! I remember your mom saying that she really wanted to go there! I hope that it was everything she expected it to be! Beautiful pictures! You should be a photographer!