Monday, October 27, 2008

Salta, Argentina
















When I got to Argentina I was amazed when I crossed the border in that I felt like I was back in the United States again. Finally, a restaurant that has different food then the typical rice and chicken plate!! Unfortunately the prices compared to Bolivia is about double and my activities are going from doing what I want, to budget traveling and finding ways to do things a little cheaper. For example, they have a 1 day train ride that is said to have amazing views, but it was 140 dollars, so instead I rented camping gear and hiked up the railroad tracks with a combination of hitchhiking. This way I saved a ton of money and spent around 20 dollars for 3 days instead of $140 for 1 day. I probably saw more and got a ton of exercise but it is so dry and hot I had to carry a lot of food and water and over did myself a bit. My pack probably weighed about 75 lbs, I was sore for a week after, and my hips were a little bruised but I am feeling better now! Northern Argentina is very different from what I have seen so far, and I have really enjoyed my time seeing this dry and colorful part of the world.

No comments: