Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Los Cuerves, Argentina














Stopping here near Aconcagua National Park was my last chance to get a few good views of Aconcagua and to say goodbye to the Andies for now. Aconcagua is the highest peak outside of the Himalayas and it towers up to almost 23,000 ft. There were a bunch of people trying to attempt the climb, but no one I talked to made it up. There were 4 people that died trying to climb during the 4 days I was there. On a positive note the Dakar race went through the town I was in and it was cool to see all the off road vehicles passing through. If you don't know the Dakar is the longest off road race in the world and usually goes from Europe to Africa. In the picture above you can see a lady who was in the race, she crashed really bad and her face was full of stitches.

1 comment:

Sarah Dawn said...

Your face in the picture with the woman is funny, I noticed yours before I noticed hers. hah.