Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Hong Kong






Here they have these high speed boats that lift up out of the water as they speed up and for a big boat these thing fly across the water.











They had a really nice fireworks show for the Lunar New Year but it was not a good night for getting good photos.



I couldn't stop laughing about how they called this the World's Happiest Party! I guess the ironic part was I didn't see anyone smile or laughing.





As I travel I meet a lot of people who ask me the same question. "What is your favorite place or thing that you have done?".......My answer is always the same ....The reality of everywhere I go is my favorite part. I expected Hong Kong to be very different then South America, but I never expected to it to be so advanced. Their subway system is amazing, there are so many huge buildings with some impressive architecture, and between the elevated walkways all over the place to the underground world full of shopping I have to say it is way more then I could of imagined. I was lucky to actually be here during the Chinese (Lunar) New Year and that was just another great experience to add to my trip. Other things I did in Hong Kong was take the Peak Tram up at night and saw the amazing skyline of Hong Kong, rode the longest chair lift I have ever been on up to see Ngong Ping (Largest sitting Budda in the world), and took a ferry to some of the outlying island to see the area outside of Hong Kong. All I have to say is go to Hong Kong and check it out!

No comments: