Thursday, June 4, 2009

Annapurna Circuit and Everest Base Camp, Nepal




The view from Kala Pathar at 18,040ft.



Here is the glorious Everest base camp. Just tents and people who don't want you there. The people are so rude to trekkers and they tell you it's private property. I said......"Sorry ....Didn't see the sign there MR. NEPAL"


The dark peak in the middle back is the highest peak in the world. (29,028ft) It's not the most beautiful peak but I was thankful for good weather since the weather is often cloudy. This picture was taken from Kala Pathar. (18,040ft)






When I was young my favorite animal was a cow.....Now it's the Yak!


This had to be a world record for internet cafe. It was over 17,000ft in elevation and over 200k from a road. Who would of thought?













I may be getting older, but I'm still not scared to flip my feet over my head!



NEPAL! This country will blow your mind on how beautiful. Like most places the cities are disgusting but as you head up in to the hills you find mountains that seem so big, you could only find this in a fairytale. In the month that I spent there I walked around 375k between hiking the full Annapurna Circuit + bonus hikes along with Everest base camp trek.
So some friends that I hiked the Annapurna with do a blog and and not half as lazy as I now am when it comes to explaining the hiking adventure. If you want more details check out the link!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luke, Your photography is incredible........got to go to work. love ya........Lill

Bobbagwell said...

That's an interesting person you were carrying. I have been also looking for someone to carry me.

Julie said...

Hey Luke,

It's Julie (part one of our Bocas del Toro Team Colorado). You popped into my head the other day and I wondered if you were still on the road. Looks like you've found yourself in Nepal. Hope the trip is still going well. You are going to be so full of stories by the time you make it back to the states. If you need France advice when you make it Europe, let me know. julie@bootsnall.com.

Teresa said...

That's my Luke, doing back flips! You still have those gymnast skills! Nepal looks so beautiful and looks like you had a great time!

Melissa said...

this blog is just amazing--I love reading about your adventures and hopefully one day I will learn to seize the day as you have! I miss you and look forward to hearing from you soon

Lill said...

Lots going on here just checking your blog for more pictures and update........Love Ya Lill

Anonymous said...

Your pictures suck...I bet they are from a National Geographic and you never left Aurora....sorry....just thought you'd like to hear something different for a change. I'm not jealous...just cause you've been everywhere and I got my oil changed at Sears today.....you suck...I hope you didn't land that back flip (but weren't hurt) I hope a monkey attacks you in India! Your friend, Kipp-