Friday, July 3, 2009

Jaisalmer, India



The detail and the amount of hours that is required to do work like this is amazing. I know it is starting to look the same as the other forts in detail as in design too, but you can't help but be amazed by the amount of time and manpower used to create something so extravagant from stone.



For 3 dollars a day you can rent a motorcycle to go where ever you wish. When you get outside of town and away from the hotels the people become overly interested in you, especially the children. I would pull up on my bike, and the people would just crowd around you. Sometimes it can be overwhelming but always interesting.








I saw this welder and couldn't help but think I would find such an advanced piece of machinery here in India. With this technology it must be priceless.



In India I felt like it was necessary to go on a camel safari. A little bit on a camel was all I needed to get that out of my system as I found it more enjoyable to walk back with the camel rather then riding it. Here in Jaisalmer it was an average of 110 degrees so if you like what you see here, I recommend trying it in the wintertime!

4 comments:

Teaque said...

That first building is amazing, but my favorites of all your pictures are these people's faces that you meet. I'm impressed that you are willing to get that up close to strangers to take their pictures. All of my people pictures would be more like paparrazzi one's from across the street. LOL!

Lill said...

Someone else sees what I have been talking about in your photography....Lucas you have a gift for capturing the essence of the people and their culture in their faces.....It is something serious Bud.........Love you lots....fire works over the Canyon were beautiful tonight. Thinking about you we miss you it is time to come home for awhile. Lill

Dad, Grandma and Lill said...

Happy July 4th Lucas where ever you are.........Love Ya Dad Grandma And Lill

Teresa said...

I love that camel! How do people actually get on those things?