Sunday, January 26, 2014

Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe


Victoria falls is the largest waterfall in the world in terms of volume.  The natives called it Mosi-oa-Tunya which translates to the "smoke that thunders."  It is so loud and beautiful that when you walk up to the falls, you realize why this is considered one of the seven wonders of the world.






The waterfall is so massive, it's nearly impossible to get a photo. I'm surprised my camera still works as you get soaked from all the mist coming from the falls.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are the awesome images of Victoria Falls that I have seen after a long time period. The falls were discovered in 1855 by David Livingstone, the British doctor. I come to know about this fact during my tour of Victoria Falls and I went there just after my new jersey to niagara falls trip. If someone wants to visit there than bungee jumping from "Victoria Falls" bridge is a very popular activity here.