Friday, May 12, 2023

El Camino Day 15. Arcahueja to San Martin del Camino

On my 15th day of walking across Spain, I surpassed 300 miles so far.  Passing through Leon had some well worthwhile places to see, but it also included a large amount of industrial/commercial areas that could go on longer then I would’ve preferred.


These bird nests are enormous.  They are everywhere.


All day I kept passing by these doors going into what I’d assume was an underground home?  They all looked abandoned although I saw about 100 of these today.




Not so exciting parts of my walk


This made no sense to me what’s going on here?  I see what looks like a horn sticking up out of a black stone.  


This guy made me think the trail ahead might not be so Buen!


If I were born in Spain, I feel this would be my place to go.


I know we complain about gas prices but at 1.50 euros a liter, that’s about $6.70 a gallon.  Other than fuel, I feel Spain is cheaper than most places in Mexico anymore.



I just love what they did with their plumbing here.


A closer look for your review.  Thoughts on what this is?


The architecture of these cathedrals are pretty impressive.  



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those buildings are amazing. How old do you think they are? As far as the black stone with the horn goes. It looks like an omen.