Wednesday, May 24, 2023

El Camino Day 22. Triacastela to Sarria

 




Danielle is such a sweet person.  I twisted my ankle quite a while back and being a therapist, she set me on a good path keeping me going as I push through the last 70 miles of my walk/limp at this point.


Paige and I had met on our first day.  She was thrilled that after I recently took 5 days off, we caught back up once again.




Damien and I had crossed paths on and off.  On Day 19, I headed off late only to see him frantically searching for his shoes that were nowhere to be found.  We later decided that someone obviously ran off with them although I don’t see how this could be possible.  All I had to offer was my TEVAS which he was incredibly thankful for.  A few days later, he threw me some cash and said he’s happier hiking in them than his shoes.  All is well that end well.  Had a great day today walking with Carro and Damien.





Met George and his wife many times along the way.  Spent more time trying to understand each other but nonetheless, crossing paths always involved a smile and good energy.




Eva and Matt from Monument Colorado.  Shared a couple great dinners so far with hours of great conversations on the camino.

Buen Camino!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks sweet bro! Looks like the dude got a hair cut! JH

Lucas Craig said...

Nope

Anonymous said...

Great post! The adventure is sounding more and more about humanity than the beauty of the trail. Maybe there’s hope for us after all! Great job, Lucas!