Thursday, May 8, 2008

Amarillo



Well I have spent nearly 2 weeks here in Amarillo. I have been hiking, golfing, and mostly relaxing here so far. On one hiking trip that was less then 2 miles I ran into 3 Rattlesnakes and barely avoided getting bit by one of them. After he met my friend Mr. Rock he thought twice about biting at me again :-)!! On Saturday May 10Th I am flying to Austin to meet up with Dan Hodge (Sailboat Guy). I should be in Austin for a few days and then we are off to Florida. Although I left home April 28Th I consider my first day of my trip May 10Th for all you betting on how long I am gone. It was good to spend some time with the other side of my family, but I am excited to head into the unknown! I would like to say I have some better pic's that I could find of Amarillo but.............This is Amarillo!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey buddy--lex and i already miss ya...but will plan on headed down to FL to see you off. dont forget to stop by my moms house for some home-cookin

411 Rosetti Ln
Nokomis, FL

Hammy

KMAC said...

Luke, whatever those crazy frat dudes at Texas Tech tell you, as a native Texan, I know from experience that smoking the dried rattler from a diamondback will not recreate the Jeff Bridges flying scene from "The Great Lebowski". Now while you are traipsing through the Texas desert, errrrr, wilderness, and see these little button looking mushrooms, that might do it. Do drink Lone Star and never piss on a good looking rug.

Anonymous said...

I told ya amarillo was dangerous! Get out of there fast!!

lmc said...

Good Morning Luke........just wondering where in the world you are this morning.....Your Dad's still in Oklahoma. We have had rain all week so that is a blessing here. Loved having you here look forward to following your progress....and meeting up with you somewhere in the WORLD.......take care..love LMC

Anonymous said...

Hi Luke,

Hope all is well and you are enjoying yourself. I've tried to email you but it was returned. Keep in touch!