Monday, June 9, 2008

Caye Caulker, Belize





I arrived into Belize City on Wednesday 6-4 and directly headed over to Caye Caulker which is an island just off the coast off Belize City. Getting off the plane in a developing country and knowing that I left the United States on my own was definitely a feeling I will never forget. The first few days I had very mixed feelings about what I was doing and really questioned whether or not this was for me. On my first day here I took a boat out, went snorkeling and had a blast! Met a great group of people from all over and even enjoyed a great dinner with them too! Caye Caulker seems to be a fun place, but on the other hand as I talked to everyone, I found that it's really expensive. As I read further I decided that a lot of the activities that I wanted to do I could do outside of Belize for a lot less money. After 2 days in Caye Caulker I have decided to take a highly recommended trip on a sailing adventure to Placencia.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry if I commented your blog, but you have a nice idea.

Anonymous said...

Hey Luke, this is John, picture on the snorkling trips looks great. I have a couple of photos of you in the water if you want them. All of our group made it back to the states safe, with the exception of Collin who continued on another mission trip further South. Hope you continue to have safe travels. Will be checking up on you. Hey if when you make it back and happen to past through Fort Worth let me know.

Anonymous said...

absolutely incredible bro. wish i was on that sailing trip!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lukeypoo... Looks like you are having a great time! Your pictures are great! Looks like you are meeting some great people on the way. We all miss you back here especially on our little mini-adventures....

Miss ya! Teresa

Unknown said...

Luke!! Right on man!! This is super sweet and I am happy for you.
Jack filled me in on your plans and I can honestly say I'm jealous.
Cheers mate and Godspeed. Bobo

Anonymous said...

Oh my god--I SO want to go to Belize...Those pictures sold me even more

Anonymous said...

Oh my god--I SO want to go to Belize...Those pictures sold me even more

Anonymous said...

Oh my god--I SO want to go to Belize...Those pictures sold me even more

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, in some moments I can reveal that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is quiet a without question as you did in the decrease delivery of this demand www.google.com/ie?as_q=the privacy guard 1.5 ?
I noticed the axiom you procure not used. Or you use the dreary methods of development of the resource. I have a week and do necheg