Thursday, June 26, 2008

Honduras Copan Ruins 6-26






I got out of bed at 3:30 to catch a 4 am shuttle to Copan, Honduras which is the only shuttle that takes you to Copan. Copan is an ancient Mayan site that is 10 minutes from the border of Guatemala and it is walking distance from the town Copan. I find it amazing that when you cross the border you can feel a difference from Guatemala to Honduras. After reading my book on Honduras I haven’t found too much that really interest me and I plan on moving through here fairly quickly. As far as Guatemala I can’t say enough about how much fun I had and I’d recommend it to anyone. My budget situation so far for this trip is ok, but I found that I am really going to need to speed it up if I want to circle the globe. Teresa is planning to catch a flight to Costa Rica on 7-2 so I have some ground to cover if I plan on meeting up with her as promised. Going through the ruins at Copan, although expensive (US $37) was great. So many people looked at the price and decided not to go when others said it was just ok, but if you like history it’s worth seeing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello there Luke,
This is Rebecca-It has been great reading your adventures. I am so envious and excited for you. Your photos are wonderful-I will be excited to see more when you get back. Take care - your going to love Costa Rica. Keep writing and have fun!!! Cheers

Anonymous said...

Hey Hey Hey Buddy! Cool pictures! I can't wait to see you and I will bring lithium batteries and not titanium ones... LOL!

Bobbagwell said...

Hey if your running short on money, I am sure you find a job picking fruit or something. I hear they pay well in central america