Thursday, June 26, 2008

Just a Few thoughts





It’s amazing how many people you meet along your travels and it is definitely one of the BEST parts. I have met so many GREAT people and a few that I really didn’t care for too. I think it hilarious how many people like to sit around and talk about how they hate America. On top of that I can’t tell you how many Americans I have listened to talking to those same people saying they feel the same way. I don’t really care to talk politics but it is funny how ignorant some people are to be rude to an American because? ………….? My country is at war? ………….TV shows?......................? I definitely can say that we have our issues that we could iron out, but listening to a German say how shitty an American is makes me laugh! With that in mind I just say that America has some of the best people in the world and I am proud to grow up with the opportunities that living in America has to offer. I watch people struggle to survive and armed guards in front of EVERY bank and every other store fearing that they could be robbed at any moment. I personally wish that America would focus a little more on America and leave the rest of the world alone, but the first time a nuclear bomb is dropped on anyone’s home country would change their opinion on putting noses in other people's business. For the most part I have enjoyed the great conversations with people from all over and I am glad to have crossed paths with so many awsome people!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI SON:
Sorry we got disconnected last night. I don’t know what happened, but I look forward to hearing from you soon, so we can finish our conversation. I was going to tell you that MERLIN surprised me with a new laptop computer for our anniversary. So I guess I won’t be needing your old one after all, but thank you anyway. I’m so lucky that he is like you and Melissa, always thinking of me.

Your pictures and explanations are great!!! It almost makes me fill like I am there with you. I wish I was, and hope to soon.

I went with MELISSA to STEPH’S softball game last night. The outcome was as we had hope with a big W, and it was fun to watch.

Your Grandpa & Grandma are back from their 2 month journey, so we are going to meet them for dinner tomorrow. We hope to spend some time over the 4th with MELISSA, her family, and your Grandpa & Grandma for a rip roaring time. But wait!!! Something will be missing. Oh yea, IT’S you, where will my SON be????????????????????????

LOVE YA
MOM

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Just got home.....short hot trip. Replied to email.....nothing new here. Grandma stayed with Jake while we were gone. Dad is getting the boat out. Clay suppose to be home from playing Army for the past week today. Kim has been on vacation all last week doing some kind of volunteer work most of that. Love the lava pictures. Talk later Lill

Anonymous said...

I have one thing to say! I love America!!!!!

Bobbagwell said...

That girl in the blue sweater is cute. Whats her situation?

Anonymous said...

Lucas Craig! I'm glad you're having a great time on your journey! I fixed yer truck, but gotta get some gas to get er all the way done...I hope Terrizo makes it down, our buddy Bobby is gonna try to get down there too. Hopefully I will be able to meet you somewhere also! Be careful, I see the natives can be wrestless and wrestle your ass to the ground! That's a priceless picture by the way.

Ben Parker

Anonymous said...

hi from your michigan stalkers! we miss you...come back to Copan! :) Hope you're having a super fantastic time...and we'll be checking up on your trip...and grammar/punctuation! thanks for the music! Adios!

Anonymous said...

Luke,
People feel the way they do about the US of A because of our current administration...He and his co-horts have done alot of damage to our foreign relations! So be careful.....I hear it from Vera in the Czech Republic as well-
Stay safe and awesome pics...best get to Europe dude.

Nanc

Anonymous said...

Hi Luke,
Sure enjoyed our talk the other day. I miss your postings on the computer.
Melissa had us over Sunday for a party and all of us sure missed you. We had grilled steaks which Merlin cooked and you know how good they are. I took strawberry shortcake for dessert and remembered how much you love my sweets, especially my christmas cookies. Melissa talked a lot about how she misses you, as we all do,so stay safe and return to us and know all of us envy you being on such a wonderful trip around the world.
Grandpa says "HI" and he misses you, but knows you are having a great time.
We Love You,
Grandpa and Grandma Duke