Sunday, July 13, 2008

Tegucigalpa, Honduras

Cutting across the larger part of Honduras on a bus I ended up spending an evening in Tegucigalpa. The capitol of the country which is located in the center, is not a place I would recommend to visit. It is possible that the area that I was in was just the bad side of town, but I didn´t see a good side of town as I passed through the city either. This is the first place where I felt that I did not belong and spent my evening confined to my prison style hotel near the bus station. While on the bus I met up with Enrique ....a guy from Mexico and we stuck together for a few days until we found our way out of the area that we were in. Ironically enough I ran into another friend (Pasquel) for the 7th time in the last month leaving a restaurant in the middle of the city at about 630am. It is amazing how many times you run into the same people on the same path all along the way.

No comments: