Thursday, June 26, 2008

Lago De Atitlan 6-21




It is said that this is one of the most beautiful lakes in the world. It is definitely beautiful with 3 volcano’s rising upward around the lake located in the highlands of Guatemala. There are many towns that are located in miscellaneous parts around the lake and one can easily hop on a water taxi to the different areas for about $2.50. Two areas that I spent my time in was San Marcos and San Pedro. San Marcos although very small is really nice and has an amazing view of all the volcano's. As far as San Pedro the town is like most towns in Guatemala except it is located on the lake and it sits right next to the volcano San Pedro. As far as the hostels that I stayed at in San Marco I was amazed to how cool this hostel was, and for San Pedro I would of slept better sleeping on the cobblestone roads that run through most towns in Guatemala. If you ever plan on going to Guatemala the lake is definitely worth seeing!

No comments: