Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Central America 7-24-08

Well I am wrapping up with Central America and I'm sure some of you are interested in what my plans for the rest of my trip include. I am planning on spending 3-4 months in South America and from there I am going to decided if I am going to buy an around the world ticket. I have planed my trip out and my direction of travel will completely change after studying weather and other factors. I have also decided that if I am going to do it, it is going to take me at least a year from when I finish up with South America. My trip would go like this.....Fly from South America to China arriving in October/November I would spend 6 months traveling from China on land all the way to India. I would need 5 weeks for Nepal and India and from there I would fly to South Africa. I would spend 1 month in South Africa, fly to Egypt spend 1 month going all the way to Jordan. This time frame would put me in Europe around July/August 2009 and I want to buy a motorcycle to tour Europe for 3 months. From there my flight would bring me home before the holidays. If I have the energy to do it after South America I am going to go for it. I am 80% sure this is my plan, although it's weird to think that that would be another 15 months to go. As far as my budget goes here is a cap of what my first 3 months have cost me! I have spent 4k so far and I still have 24k left. After breaking out my costs and talking to people who have traveled in all these areas I am going to be short a couple thousand dollars which should be easy to pay off when I come home!
THANKS TO WHO EVER IS GOING TO GIVE ME AN INTEREST FREE LOAN!.....MOM
:-)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luke, Wow! You have an awesome plan! I hope to see you soon since it sounds like it will be a long while before you are back home. I'm really proud of you and envy all of your adventures. Who would've guessed you would be gone this long already. ;) You go Luke-tospher Craig-lombus

Desiree said...

Hey Luke,
It is great to hear things are going so well! I think you should defintely go to Columbia. I just watched a travel channel show about the area and it sounds amazing and relatively safe. Let me know when you are getting close to Peru and I will let you know the places we enjoyed the most. Also, looks like I am getting married in Italy in early summer. I will let you know when in case you might be near Europe at that time. Take care and be safe!!!!! Desiree

Anonymous said...

HI SON:

Of course we will provide any additional funds you need to finish your WALK ABOUT around the globe. We already discussed that with you before you left, and nothing has changed since then. After all YOU and MELISSA have always been there for me. Look how many times you kids have helped me build my houses, put in the yards, and still show up to move all that stuff. We want you to see all that you would like to see, & look forward to being there to enjoy part of it with you. Of course we all miss you and would like for you to be back home for the holidays this year, instead of next year, but we are behind you all the way. Enjoy every moment that you have, be extremely careful, and above all please stay safe.

LOVE YA:

MOM

Anonymous said...

Luke,
Hear you lost your tracker device to the banditos....enjoyed watching your progress but your writings on your blog are great and keep us all informed. looks like you are having a great time and have great plans. i could not do it, would miss family too much and am scared of lizards, snakes and spiders! NOT TO MENTION HEIGHTS~~
Stay safe.
Nancy ( Jacks Mom)

Anonymous said...

80% sure? Listen you candy-ass, you up that to 99% sure, Terry didn't have a Luke going around the globe party for nothing. LOL! Becareful in Columbia...I saw several Steven Segal and Chuck Norris movies and it looked sorta dangerous. I think as long as you have their martial art skills, a AK-47, and a few stand ins for the stunts you'll be fine. Seriously your pictures/stories kick ass. "Keep on keepin on" ~ Joe Dirt
Later Buddy, Kipp
PS Merlin is kicking ass here on my basement.

Anonymous said...

hey we miss not getting your cordinates since we were tracking you.:( koby brady and i have decided we are gonna jump a plane and come live with you for the school year cause we dont want to go brady is comin to my school now :( now i have to deal with him at home and at school everyone says we will never see each other but they dont understand there is no getting away from brady.. kobys to be second grade teacher mrs.crosant is actually my good friends mom which helps me relize how small of a town we live in.. i will be in the eighth grade that means big dogs on campus and brady will be in sixth grade. i was supper happy cause i am forteen now and i got one huge great present for my birthday a wii:) everyone says hi i herd you had some tuff times a while a go. i hope you are doning better now and maybe spring break we will save up and all come out and see you. i will try to talk melissa in to sending you some cashola:):)
keep on keppin on
good luck
we miss you

Kana said...

Hi Luke! So have you composed any songs yet for your adventures...one for each country perhaps? I'm still so envious especially since I'm looking at your blog while I'm at work! We can't wait to see more pictures and hear more stories!!! Take care of yourself! Kana and Mike

Anonymous said...

Hey, we are ready for you to post somemore pictures..........LMC

Unknown said...

I want to join you on your around the world trip...I know it is only in my dreams...Kevin would probably break up with me, I am not sure if I could get the house rented fast enough, well and the whole job thing...but give me my afternoon day dream here! I might just do it....u never know!