Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Panama City, Panama











Welcome to crime central! Like all the other capitols there is a ton of crime going on right outside the hostel that I am staying at. This is one place I would say not to avoid though. Here in Panama I took a tour of the Panama Canal and thought that it was awesome! The city also has some other really interesting buildings to see and a lot of history behind it. My plan is to catch a boat through San Blas Islands and into Cartagena, Columbia. I have got a lot of emails concerning me not going to Columbia, but I have talked to so many people about it and I have heard so many more issues everywhere but Columbia. Everyone is saying that Columbia is going over the top really trying to get more tourist back into their country and half the people coming from South America say that Columbia was one of their highlights of South America. I really don't have too much time to spend there and I really only plan on going to the very popular well traveled areas. I set sail Wednesday July, 23 for 5 days and I am moving onto a new continent! YEAH!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are still having a great time! Try not to get anything else stolen. Call me so that I can plan with your sister to come visit you.

Anonymous said...

Luke---that pic of Downtown you took was one of the best yet. That city is bigger than I thought...also, in the other pic--who's pimpin' the H2 down in Panama--BIG TIMERS!


Have fun...ciao

JACK