Sunday, July 13, 2008

La Fortuna, Costa Rica






Getting into La Fortuna we decided to go see the waterfall and possibly hike up to see a crater above the waterfall. The waterfall was amazing and as we got in and tried to swim to the waterfall I found that it was nearly impossible to swim underneath it because the water was pushing you back too fast. We spent a few hours there swimming and having fun and somewhere along the way we decided to go check out a free swimming hole that was on our way back. Instead of taking a cab we walked 2 miles back and found the swimming hole that a local was telling us about. It had a rope swing that would swing you way out into the middle of the river and you would drop from about 20´ up. That evening we took a tour to go see the live lava flow from the volcano Arenal which included a stop along a river that was fed from a hot spring. The tour was a lot of fun, but because it was cloudy out we didn’t get to see more then a few red dots of lava from far away. The volcano is one of the most active volcano’s in the world and it has been erupting for about the last 50 years! With little time left Bobby needs to get back to the airport so we need to head back to San Jose. We spent one evening in San Jose, gambled again, and we both left $20 up! The only miss-hap that we had was when we got off the bus into San Jose some Jerk unzipped my pack and stole my tracking devise. I am sorry to inform you all that I will no longer carry it! I had a great time though and THANKS FOR COMING TO VISIT BOBBY!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

great pics man...keep em comin. be safe and don't gt anything else stolen. r.i.p. magic jack

Bobbagwell said...

Wow who ever was taking the photos with you in it, is awesome.

Jocelyn Jordan said...

I had the great fortune to meet Lucas on 7/9/08 in the town of La Fortuna, Costa Rica. My name is Jocelyn Jordan and we live in Tampa, FL. While in CR for a Jordan Family Reunion, some of us took a shopping trip into town. Sadly, I fell in a sidewalk hole and damaged my knee badly. People were milling around when out of the crowd came Lucas. He bent over, lower his hand and swiftly picked me up from the ground. He opened his bag and began helping with my bleeding knee and arm. He was my own Angel, Guardian Angel, sent by God to help me out. I offered to replace the bandages he had used, get him (and Bobby) a soda, water or whatever he wanted. He said, "No. If I accept anything it will cancel my good deed for today!!" I knew that I had met a true Christian, as I am, and I was so thrilled. He only asked me to send a message to his blogspot. I have now perused his trip and am glad to know he is doing well. Oh to be young again! Thank you Mom for doing such a remarkable job! I gave Lucas a sweaty kiss on the cheek and told him I loved him and thanked him again as we parted. One Christian to another can spread love. Sincerely, Jocelyn I will send the picture that I took of him and Bobby.