Sunday, July 13, 2008

Monte Verde, Costa Rica 7-4-08









Not being quite sure if Bobby was going to get on the flight I decided to take it easy for a few days in Monte Verde. Getting caught up with laundry can be a major pain in the ass and a costly thing too. I find myself waiting until everything that I have is completely dirty before I want to pay to have some stranger wash my clothes for more then what it would cost me at home. I spent most my time relaxing and hiking through the cloud forest of the Monte Verde Reserve. Bobby arrived late on Friday evening and the next morning we got up to do a canopy tour. If you don´t know what this is, it´s nothing more then steel cables stretched across the forest and you hang your self from a pulley and slide across the forest. IT IS SO MUCH FUN!!! They had about 16 cables with the longest cable being almost 2500´and at least 400´above the ground. As you slide across these cables at around 30mph the view is unbelievable! They also have what they call a Tarzan swing which you fall about 40´before you start your swing. I was surprised to how hard it jerks you and how close you get to the platform at the bottom too. This definitely is up there as one of my favourite things so far. There is so much to do in Monte Verde and although it is expensive and I´m sure I´ll be back so I didn´t want to spend a small fortune on all the activities. That afternoon I planned a jeep boat jeep tour which was a short cut to La Fortuna. Boy was that a joke! It was not a tour and it should of been called expensive bus boat bus ride. The only good thing about this trip is you get a great view of Volcan Arenal across the lake!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can't believe they had a xxl helmet in stock!

Bobbagwell said...

i dont know what you were talking about B cubed was the highlight of the trip