Saturday, August 23, 2008

Quito, Ecuador






Wow Quito is a huge city. The Capitol of Ecuador is also a very chilly place too. As we took out trip to Mitad Del Mundo (Middle of the World) I really thought that it would be a lot warmer here since it is located on the Equator. I guess it´s cool to say I stood on the equator but if you make it here, it´s a line that shows you where the equator is! Walking around this city is very interesting and one thing that is definitely worth doing is taking the gondola up the side of the mountain to get a great view of this enormous city. Beware when you get off the gondola you might find yourself light headed since you are at 14000´ above sea level. Like all big cities there is a fair amount of crime and I am happy to be moving out of another big city.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your sweater! :) Looks beautiful.