Friday, August 8, 2008

San Gil, Colombia 08-08-08





Somewhere in the middle of Santa Marta and Bogota is the little town San Gil which is a great place to break up the 20 hour bus ride between the two. San Gil is a very cozy place and if your into outdoor activities........it has it all. Although I really didn't want to spend the $65 dollars I decided to go down the Class 4/5 rapids which was a blast! We stopped and enjoyed a nice lunch and I tried a new fruit ....(Grenada?).....which is an experience that you will never forget. It was like eating a sweet slimy substance that had chewy seeds in the middle. On the outside it resembled an orange and I decided that I didn't feel like eating the whole thing because it was not really my cup of tea! Hopefully I will check out the caves and the waterfall before I move on to Bogota.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucas,

Smile.............LMC

Anonymous said...

nice bro---i too spent the weekend white water rafting on some class 4/5 in the royal gorge yeeeeahhh. how crazy--we were probably paddling on rivers in diff. hemispheres at the same time...oh 'deer'