Monday, September 22, 2008

Huacachina, Peru


It´s a lot of fun, but WOW YOU GET DIRTY!



Going over this dunes at 60+ mph in one of these will definitely get your heart going.


This is the sunset we watched on my last day of my 20´s. Although it was hard day, I truly know that I am starting my 30´s out right!


Ok, here is the sun setting on my first day in my 30´s ...........I decided to be happy since I get to see stuff like this everyday instead of being at work!


Here was a picture from the Birthday PARTY!!! YEAH


I found out where I came from.....I fell out of the sky on my head and that is why it is so big! It´s just swollen.



This is the town of Huacachina! If you go to Peru.......GO HERE TOO!!

This will always be one of my most memorable places on my trip! Here in Huacachina, Peru I turned 30 and had a great Birthday party with a great group of people. The night before my birthday we were playing in the pool and I hit my head really hard on the side of the pool. The next morning my head was still bleeding a little, but it managed to heal ok. The part that really hurt was actually my neck. I was really worried at first because I thought I could have broke my neck. I am writing this a week later, and although my neck still hurts a little it is 90% better. For my birthday with a group of friends that I had made, we were all going to go sand boarding and for a ride in the dune buggies, but I decided that it would not be a good idea for me to go with the curse of my birthday, and the fact that I couldn´t turn my head. The next day I was going back to Lima anyway to pick my Mom up at the airport and we were passing right back through and I could let my neck heal a little first. It was ok because I really enjoyed a day sitting in the sun by the pool drinking a nice cold beer.... Or 2.... Or....We will just say I didn´t feel so good the next day!.............. We had about 25 people celebrating my birthday with me, and that night was a blast. If you go to Peru this little oasis is a kick in the ass!
A few days later when I came back with my Mom we took the tour on the Dune buggies and went sand boarding! I didn´t think that my Mom was going to be interested in going sand boarding, but she was usually the first one down the hill and out of everyone in the group and she wiped out the hardest.
Four days later and I still have sand coming out of my ears!

l

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LUKE

Your mom is hot!!!!!!!!!!!

Bobbagwell said...

Sounds like the usual for you. Having a great time sipping beers. How does the a wipeout feel on the sand?

Anonymous said...

Hey Luketospher!! Hey I'm glad that your mom ended up meeting you out there! Just around your 30th birthday! I am envious of you that you were able to spend your 30th birthday out of the country. I on the otherhand will be spending it in Denver. Yay for me! :( I really enjoy reading your blogs even though I do not comment all the time. It really gives me piece of mind that you are having a great time and that you are safe. So what is the plan where are you headed now? Email me or or message me on facebook. Muah! Miss ya buddy!

Anonymous said...

We are in Chicago headed home this morning. Our plane had a fire in the entertainment system at 40,000 ft. They brought the plane down quickly with all the bells and whistles fire trucks ect.....good way to end the trip just ready to get home today. Will talk more tonight. Trip was fun but we are exhausted. Love ya LMC

Anonymous said...

A-Basin just opened! I'm sad that you won't be joining us this season! I guess you have Sandboarding to make up for it. Oh wait you are a skier!

Anonymous said...

I want it to be clear it was not me that called your mom hot!!....cute, attractive, nice looking yes...but I never said hot. Merlin will vouch for me. Kipp-

PS I put my name on my comments.

PPS She's pretty too.....