Monday, September 22, 2008

Pisco, Peru






About a 4 hour bus ride south of Lima is the little town of Pisco. In the guide book it says it is a nice place to visit, but when I arrived there, I couldn´t believe how bad of shape this town is in. Most of the building are rubble since it was currently hit hard by an earthquake about a year ago. The most popular thing to see here is the Balstead Islands......... and that is about all that is worth doing here too! We took a boat out to the Islands and saw the most birds I have ever seen in my entire life. The Islands are big rocks sticking up out of the water with a ton of caves underneath them. For a few big rocks with a lot of SHIT piled on top of them I really enjoyed seeing the Penguins, Birds, Sea Lions, and other Sea Creatures found here! I was lucky to enjoy this tour twice since I went once with my friends and went back to go with Mom too! A big surprise to me is how much area below Lima is desert. I really like the way the sand dunes look as they meet the ocean.

No comments: