Monday, September 22, 2008

Lima, Peru 9-17






I arrived to Lima about a week before my Mom was going to arrive so I decided to go on and see some places outside of this massive city first. I have heard from many people that Lima is just another nasty big city, but I was surprised that it was much nicer then I imagined it to be. Coming back and picking up my Mother in Lima, we took a city/ruin tour and saw some mud ruins that were not holding up to the conditions very well, but as we passed through Lima on a two story bus we had a great chance to see a lot of the city. Although I can´t say it was the most exciting thing so far on the trip, It was a very exciting day to see MOM! On our first night I could tell that my Mom was a little nervous about being outside of the USA when I woke up the next morning and we had all the furniture, backpacks, and what ever else she could find piled in front of the door!

1 comment:

Desiree said...

I have pictures from along that same stretch of walkways from when Axel and I was in Peru, you are near Miraflores! We stayed in a cute little hotel nearby. Happy Belated Birthday, I hope all is well.
Desiree