Thursday, September 11, 2008

Inspiration!

I just want to say thanks to all of you who follow the blog and take the time to send comments and emails. Since I left home, I have received so many emails that have given me so much inspiration it is unbelievable. A friend that I have only recently known who came to visit back in Costa Rica wrote,

Hey Luke,
It sounds like you are really learning a lot of new things. Like I say ¨ It´s important to never stop learning.¨ Sorry I haven't been to your blog for a month or so, I guess I have just been busy. One thing about my life and I am sure about everyone here who still has a job knows, its very easy to forget what day it is or how much time has passed. You have caused me to think a lot about my life and it´s direction. While your trip doesn't have the same appeal to me as it does to you, there are things I admire about it.
1) Its a big trip, It would be better for me to stay in one place and relax more, but you have a lot of stuff to see and you are making the most out it. It requires a lot of self discipline and a can do attitude.
2) Even though you have a schedule to keep, you are not bound by a punch clock, and that I am envious of.
3) Since I came back from Costa Rica, I have found my job really boring. It doesn't challenge me and it's not meaningful to me. I have thought long and hard about when you said,"You are living your life." I always thought of it as your were taking time away from your life, like you needed to get perspective of things or something. Your attitude has always been one of the best there is, and it's one of the reasons why I like you. I finally came to the conclusion that you are living your life because of the people you meet and affect. I have only known you for a small amount of time and yet your impact has been huge. Hundreds of people are getting that same gift, whether it be other travelers or locals, you carry yourself with dignity, morality, and and overabundance of energy. It makes me happy to know that you are an ambassador of the States and humanity. I am sure when anyone bashes America, the people you meet will quickly say,"I can't speak for everyone, but I met this guy,¨ and that can't be overlooked. I have decided that starting next year(classes start Jan 6th) I am going to start training to be an EMT, then after I get some experience I want to become a paramedic. I want to have a bigger/smaller impact on the world too. This will allow me to go anywhere and also help the hurt and the sick

So thank you Luke for keeping the perspective that life more than a 9-5 job, with good benefits. Have fun, I know you will, and I will try to make sure not to let a month go by before I look at you blog.
Bobby

The great part of it all is I get messages like this on a regular basis. Never in my life have I got so many meaningful emails and thank you to all of you who take the time to be a part of my life!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a great man once said "Keep on keeping on"

Keep on keeping on buddy!!!!


Manny

Lucas Craig said...

That wise man was JOE DIRT for all who don´t know!!

Anonymous said...

Actually I said it first on your BLOG....I deserve credit for stealing that line first...lol

PS I like COWS too...my favorite kind is the Filet Mignon cow......

Kipp Rock