Thursday, September 11, 2008

Northern Peru

This is a picture of the Central square in the town of Trujillo located near Huanchaco.


PERU!!! YEAH COUNTRY NUMBER 9


If you look closely this dog has no hair. This is Peru´s famous hairless dogs. It is said that these dogs temperature is about 4 degrees warmer then other dogs.



CHAN CHAN


Top of a hill I climbed near Valley of the Pyramids.



I have been moving from Ecuador and working my way through Peru with a stop in Chiclayo. Here I visited Valley of the Pyramids and really need to say that if you travel out of your way to see this, you better be ready for a disappointment. Because I passed it along my way it was worth visiting.......that's all I have to say about that! So many of the ruins here up in Northern Peru were built out of mud bricks and now they look more like uniform piles of dirt. As I moved further south, I stopped in Huanchaco which is a little town based right on the Pacific Ocean. Here I spent my time surfing, visiting near by towns, and touring another ruin site ¨Chan Chan¨. Chan Chan was definitely better then Valley of the Pyramids, but again I really have to say if you are passing by definitely stop to see this, but don´t go out of your way. Surfing was great fun and one of my favorite evenings so far included a simple meal at a Pizza Hut and going to see a movie at the theater ....IN ENGLISH.....YEAH. It´s funny how much I really appreciated that evening when at home it is just a different thing to do on a Friday night. I am still traveling with the same Swiss guy for a month now and can for sure say I have a new great friend for life. After spending 3 nights in Huanchaco I moved to Hurraz and I am experiencing my first exposure to Peru´s majestic Andes. Here I decided to do a 35 mile 4 day trek called the Santa Cruz Trail. Along with that, I spent a day rock climbing and one thing I have decided is, when I get home, I am definitely going to get the gear to start climbing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fabulous. Drew and I will climb with you when you get back. I have the gear, but barely get a chance to use it.

Anonymous said...

SOUNDS LIKE YOUR STILL HAVING FUN DOING SOME EXCITING THINGS. WE JUST MOVED INTO OUR NEW SHOP/OFFICE YOUR BLOGS HAVE BEEN GREAT STILL GET TO WORK WITH MERLIN FROM TIME TO TIME
FROM CHUCK

Anonymous said...

Come on buddy dont leave s in the lurch what was it that you realized ??

Dave