Thursday, September 11, 2008

Santa Cruz Trek, Hurraz Peru

I really wish my pictures could do justice to how beautiful it really is!

My feet are really getting adjusted to all this walking. We managed to go around 35 miles in 4 days up to .........well............4750 meters! Multiply that times 3.28 for feet and you can feel like I do! Here soon I am going to be able to multiply any number by 3.28 in my head, be able to convert Celsius to fahrenheit, and not need a calculator to know how far a distance is when they say 58 km. I think it is awesome when I can just walk up to somewhere around 14,000 feet, go 35 miles and come back and ask what´s next, because I´m not tired!

Let me tell you what tough is. I was freezing up here at 15,500 feet with all my gear on, and here we have a donkey porter in his sandals. For 4 days I froze my rear off while this is all he had to keep warm, yet I complained about the cold more then he did.



All I have to say is what an amazing group!.......If any of you are reading this I hope that adjective is good enough for you! I have been so lucky to get stuck with some of the best people and for 4 days of rainy/snowy weather, I enjoyed great conversations and laughs with everyone here. Thanks for your time and GOOD LUCK!



MOO .............MOO..............Don´t ask me why?............I LIKE COWS!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ya-dont you remember when you were in about the second grade your teacher asked everyone to draw the animal they would like to be and why and you drew a cow and replied with because they get to lay around and eat and sleep all day! lol!