Thursday, November 13, 2008

200 DAYS DOWN

November 14th will mark 200 days for my trip so far. Looking back at things, more has happened in the last 200 days then the last 10 years of my life. Taking the time to really enjoy my life, and live a dream has given me a sense of fulfillment that I value so much. Having the time to read a book or conquer the biggest mountain I find or, meeting people from all over the world and understanding how they view the world, learning what life is like for so many, viewing my country from outside the box, and realizing what is really important to me in life is just a FEW of the things that come to mind. The big disadvantage of this is missing all of you back home and not getting the time I would like to spend with friends and family. I plan to keep pushing on and want to let you all know that I think about you a lot and hope life is treating you kind!
Lucas

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well luke, its been 14,965 days and I still havent taken trip like yours. I'm falling very behind. Looks like the mountain biking is great. How is the biking terrain compared to Colorado. Looks very Humid.

Hey, I heard a guy talking about how bad his golf game was the other day... It was so bad that the best balls he hit was when he stepped on a rake in the sand trap..?..

Well here is some local news. The Rockies traded Holiday and are shopping Hawpe for who knows what. The Nuggets traded AI for Chauncy Billips and the Bronco have 4 running backs in the hospital and 2in jail. They've hired Tatum Bell from the kiosk in the Aurora mall to run for them this weekend. Sakic came back for another year and the Avs look ok so far.

Your not missing anything with the sports here. It appears that we are now allowing the large corporations to privatize their profits and socailize their loses at the expense of the tax payer. But the government will make them all run better when they own half of all of them (right, what ever). It is a strange time. I think your investing in travel is the best return right now. However, The 401K weight loss plan is very affective... You look at your 401k, you lose your appetite and the pounds melt away.

Well I'll let you go. Hope this information helps convience you that it will all be here when you get back. Keep sending us the pictures of you adventures. I look forward to seeing them.

Stay safe, Glen

Anonymous said...

pictures really are cool - you really have developed another skill that way.

Dad

KMAC said...

Dude, looks like you're having a "whale" of a time surfing with the penguins. 200 days in. Damn! I remember when we set this website up and it sure doesn't seem that long ago. You are sorely missed here. I will tip a Fat Tire in your honor this weekend. You have to set some time aside for us to get together during your January break. P.S.....Guinness peed on your rug, man!

Late & luck,
Kevin