Saturday, November 29, 2008

Torres Del Paine, Chile




Been traveling with these guys for a couple weeks and I have cried laughing everyday for 2 weeks strait. Klemen (Slovenia), Mark (NY), Luke (nomad), Igor (Slovenia). Going to see an an amazing place is great but these guys made it a trip I will never forget! *EVER








I actually took that picture myself with just 10 seconds to get in the photo!
I'm sure a lot of you looking at my blog are probably getting tired of seeing another landscape photo of some beautiful setting but this place is AMAZING! For the 4 days of hiking we were fortunate to have great weather and from what I heard it was about the best it's been this season so far. I also wanted to wish all a Happy Thanksgiving and hope that life is treating you as kind as it is for me. My Thanksgiving included a beautiful boat ride and a 23k jog to finish up the 80k circuit. I am still limping a little because my ankle could use a vacation from my vacation, but it will survive. For a trip update I have locked in my flights for the rest of my trip, and now have an idea where I am going and when I will return to the United States. On the 16th of January I fly out of Santiago to San Francisco. I have 3 days in California to get visas and then I fly to Hong Kong. I arrive in Hong Kong on the 23 of January and I will travel overland through China and S.E Asia and fly out of Bangkok on the 15th of May. From there I will go to Delhi, India and will be there and Nepal for 70 days. On the 25th of July I fly from India to Germany and will be in Europe until the 22nd of September. Following this I have a wedding on the east coast, and I am still considering riding a bike across the US but I am starting to think the budget will not allow it. Most likely I will be back in October 2009 and look forward to seeing you all again!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luke, Confucioius say: "Man who go through revolving door sideways at airport going to Bangkok" LOL! Be sure to get 4-5 foot massages before you leave Bangkok. Kipp

Anonymous said...

I LOVE KIPP COMMENTS
ME

Desiree said...

Hey buddy! The rest of your trip sounds amazing. It looks like my family and I are going to be in Europe in August or Sept. I will keep you updated on where and when, maybe we could meet up. Also, I was curious what your plan for San Fran, maybe I can take a day off and drive down to see you if you are available. Hope all is well!

Anonymous said...

Hey Luke,

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving. Ours was quite. Clay Mandy and Baby had TG with her Mother this year.......I can't complain I have had them for the past three.......so TG was me Dad Kim and GM. We had lots of good food and then slept.....all that l-tryptophan.....Dad and I got up early to go do our Black Friday shopping....he just does it for me.....but we have fun shop then go to breakfast. We hit a skunk on the way out of the lake.......should have stopped there.......got home and one of your grandmother's friends called said there was a water leak above her apt and the carpet in front of her front door was wet so they went off to town to check that out. We had Cadence so we stayed home and took a nap......then Clay sent me a text and said his apartment was on fire.......I told him haha and that he probably started it so he wouldn't have to clean the apt....unfortunately the apartment really was on fire! They had already moved a bunch of stuff but lost their kitchen stuff and their living room furniture some of the babies stuff. Lots of their stuff was already at the other house so thank goodness for that. We have been trying to help them get settled they are dealing with renters insurance all that stuff. Hopefully things will calm down now. We are going to DFW next weekend for the ballgame..Nothing else going on Dad just about finished the office...yea I have a ceiling in there. Better go check on baby. We Christmas Lights out and I built a "skating Rink" painted skating penguins and Cadence calls the whole thing "Happy Feet" she calls your Dad PoPPY now. It is pretty funny.....better go have fun your plans sound great maybe we will meet you in Europe....not much interested in the other places except we have talked about a Greek Island Cruise.......talk later Love ya Lill

Kana said...

Good for you Luke! Your plans sound so exciting and I can't wait to hear more about your adventures. Take care of yourself! Kana

Bobbagwell said...

It's good to hear it wasn't chilly in Chile. It would be funnier if said outloud.

Anonymous said...

I am sure this article has touched all the internet viewers, its really really fastidious piece of writing on
building up new weblog.

Here is my web blog ebuybelize.com