Monday, March 16, 2009

Harbin, China







After sitting on a 48 hour train ride from virtually the bottom of China to the top, I arrived in Harbin to go see the famous Ice Festival. It was another amazing and different experience and with that said, I really enjoyed it. The only disadvantage of this place was it was absolutely FREEZING! In Harbin you can also go to a Siberian tiger park which will allow you to donate food to the tigers. What this means is you pay for a cow or a chicken and they let one loose in the cage full of Siberian tigers. Harbin also has a very interesting history with a lot of sights to see along with my favorite which was a Germ warfare base that was very similar to what you would find in Germany during WW 2. Harbin was although about as far off the tourist trail that I could find and found it about the most difficult place that I have traveled so far. This really isn't a problem when you have as much time as I do, but if your short on time you might be lucky to figure it out fast enough.

1 comment:

August said...

Oh my god two pictures of you smiling! Good to see your still going strong after over a year. I met you in Nicaragua in Granada just after you got your crew cut! Mike from Denver