Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Hue and Hoi An, Vietnam


If you want to talk about miserable lets talk about traveling on the sleeper buses for a guy my size in Vietnam. The beds on the bus are so small and I felt so cramped, I tried to take sleeping pills but that didn't do the trick. I can actually say that in this sense, I miss the transportation in China. On the way to Hoi An I met a couple of Swedish girls and for the one evening we celebrated Evelina's 30th birthday, which I could really relate with! What I really like about Vietnam is the people and the food. Didn't do anything overly special here but checked out the old city, ate a lot, spent a day at the beach, and enjoyed a bike trip to the outlying villages to see the people. As I work my way south it is getting warm very quickly and it's time to say goodbye to cold weather clothes for now! Another small stop for me in Vietnam was in Hue. A few hundred years ago this was the capital of Vietnam and they have something similar to the Forbidden City in China. The Purple Forbidden City was not as glamorous but it is definitely worth a visit.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Big guy in a little bed. Tra-la-la.