Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Bangkok, Thailand










What do you really say about Bangkok! It is truly what I expected. Everywhere you go you have people trying to take you to strip clubs with all kinds of interesting tricks...with ping pong balls.......Won't go into too much detail on this one. Everywhere you look you see "Ladyboys" and gross old men with young Thai girls. The city is very modern and has some really nice sites to see outside of the tuk-tuk drivers all trying to take you everywhere but where you would like to go. I was happy to meet back up with with Sarah, who I met and hung out with in Southern Argentina. I really admire her guts to up and travel a similar trip to myself as a girl out in the world. Unfortunately we were only able to hang out a few days as our paths crossed shortly but I really find it crazy when you are walking down the street in Thailand and someone says, "Did I meet you in Peru?" One thing that is a pain about Thailand is when you arrive overland they only give you 15 days to stay in the country. Because of this I decided to head into Singapore and travel overland through Malaysia back into Southern Thailand for some beach time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reading what you've experienced so far on your long trip and looking at your great pics makes me forget about the rain outside and brings back a lot of own travel memories. Great blog Luke and enjoy the rest of your trip with hopefuly many more unforgettable great moments...
Caroline from the beautiful "tunnelrat" country ;-)