Monday, July 6, 2009

Mainz, Germany




This is my first castle I have ever been in. After touring through it, I decided I would like one too!






GERMANY......WOW. I never expected Germany to be so nice. Here in Mainz I visited another friend and he was so generous he actually gave me a proper tour of his city and the surrounding area. Things are still feeling weird as I try to adjust back to a western culture, and I try to remind myself when I buy something that I can't barter here. I look at what things cost here and can't stop thinking about how expensive it is here compared to anywhere I have been so far. Lucky for me I have been visiting friends and that has really helped me with my budget since hostels here are around $30 dollars. I also find it amazing how when I take a train, it arrives on time. In India the train was an average of 4-6 hours late.

2 comments:

Sarah Dawn said...

I want a castle too!!!! And I am definitely not looking forward to western prices.

Teresa said...

That castle is amazing. You know there is a castle in Colorado that this old man has been building forver. Maybe you can buy that one!