Friday, April 28, 2023

Saint Jean to Burguete

 After sleeping in till nearly 8am, I realized I was probably the last person to hit the trail for my first section.  It hiked almost 18 miles to my booked accommodations.  I’m incredibly thankful that I did book this as it’s crazy how many people are here.  I’ve been told that past the first few sections, it calms down a bit but people seem very anxious about finding their next evenings accommodation.  I don’t have anything booked further, but from what I’ve read, this is the way to go.  Although I got a late start, I had to have passed at least 6-700 people.  I also found out that todays hike is supposed to be the most challenging of the entire Camino.  It’s been a great adventure and I’m looking forward to what’s to come.













4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. Looks like you saw a variety of scenes in your trail. Soo cool to see a vending machine of refreshments.

Anonymous said...

Looks great Lucas! You may need to replace the posterior animal pictures from your previous Africa journey. They have diet Mtn Dew on the trail?

Anonymous said...

Haven’t found any diet Mtn Dew yet.

Danny said...

If you hike this much everyday you might finish sooner then expected...I am sure you have a great time reflecting at live...take care my friend