Saturday, April 29, 2023

Burguete to Zabaldika


Covered over 20 miles today on my way to Santiago de Compostela. Feet are a bit sore, but I'm hanging in there.

The trail has been amazing! Passed by quite a few Spanish villages and enjoyed the peaceful countryside. And guess what? There are way fewer people now compared to when I started. It's nice to have some breathing space and a more personal experience. Starting out, I had previously booked my first 2 accommodations. Tonight I was fortunate to easily secure a space without a reservation. My hostel is more or less a church with beds. They serve you dinner, breakfast, and only have a donation jar for whatever you wish to give. This is something you can find quite regularly along the way. As it is quite busy, I’m afraid I may find myself stuck sleeping under the stars on a night to come. My sleep sack is very thin and I’m wondering if I should’ve brought a tent. About an hour following my arrival, I felt bad seeing people show up hoping for a bed and melting down because they were full. I will say, I wouldn’t have been excited walking an extra 4-5 miles looking in the next village. Everything so far has been comfortable, clean, with great facilities. I’ll just keep hoping for the best.

The locals I've met have been incredibly friendly and welcoming. Loving the vibes here!







Here is my 3rd night’s accommodations 






 


3 comments:

Jack H said...

Looks great luke! Great to hear from you today.

Anonymous said...

We got Brody today he is sweet enjoy your pilgrimage

Anonymous said...

Goll, this sounds like such an awesome adventure!!!