Sunday, May 7, 2023

El Camino Day 10. Orbaneja Riopico to Hornillos del Camino











My evening accommodations


Today, I walked just over 20 miles and passed through the large city of Burgos. Although 75% of the city did not spark my interest whatsoever, the central area was absolutely stunning. My plans for the day involved taking care of some chores that can only be handled in a larger city. However, I soon realized that it was Sunday and nothing would be open. Despite this setback, I decided to keep moving forward and tackle the tasks at a later time. Today was incredibly peaceful as I only encountered two groups of hikers along the way. To my surprise, upon arriving at the next village, I found that all of the accommodations were fully booked. Fortunately, I had made a reservation in advance. As far as my toenails go, things are looking good.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

My dorm-living days are decades behind...not sure how you're pulling that one off. If you don't mind, may I suggest you depart slightly from your commitment of walking the entire trail and get into some of these towns/cities faster and spend a bit more time there getting to understand the people, food, culture. Using your previous blog for reference, the colorful stories about the area, people and your experiences were the appeal. Looking back on it, I doubt your fondest memories will be those of how many toenails you surrendered. Rent a bike, get to the next town and stay a while. I miss the Luke color-commentary. Hell, we all know if you put your mind to it you can cover the 500 miles walking on your hands. Give us some stories, man! Nobody is better at it than you!

Anonymous said...

That groups looks interesting that you ate with. Looks like all kinds of walks of life. What would you say is the best food you’ve eaten? -TT