Sunday, May 21, 2023

San Sebastián back to Madrid

As time passes and oh how it passes quickly, you get to a point in your life when you realize what really matters in this world.  Family, friends, and the people who you can count on along the camino of life.  It’s hard to believe 25 years have passed and my friendship with this guy has been steadfast and genuine.  We’ve shared many adventures along the way and I’m thankful to have a solid friend who can make the time in this busy world we all live in.  As I commonly say, time is our most valuable commodity.  It’s the best thing we can offer in this world. 
Looking back on my path up to this point here in time, I couldn’t be happier with my life.  I have a rock solid wife who cares for me unconditionally, parents and friends who would do anything for me, the sweetest little boy who has a heart of gold, and a work family that makes me love my job.  


Our drive from San Sebastián to Madrid went fast and although beautiful, it’s going to be remembered instead of photographed as it’s hard to get good pictures driving down the road.  Throughout my entire time in Spain,  everywhere I have gone so far seemed like there were very few people out and about.  Upon my arrival in Madrid, I have finally located them.  They are all there.  Never in my life have I seen so many people out at at any time of the day…….. (well, outside of India/China) 

Tomorrow I will get on a train to go back to Leon, then take a bus back to Villafranca del Bierzo, and be back on the Camino the following morning to hopefully finish up my last 117 miles of walking.  It’s going to be a culture shock going from 4-5 star accommodations to hostel style rooms.  





Holy nightmare parking options.  Driving into big cities is never fun.  





 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoyed a few nights of sleeping without someone screaming in their sleep!

Madrid...¡Hola!

Enjoy the walk. See you at home brother. JH

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pics and a beautiful post NG

Anonymous said...

How on earth did you fit your noggin in that car???? Have a great time, love your perspective on the journey.

Anonymous said...

JH/NG……MP? Thanks for your input.